Setting reminders on the iPhone can be very useful because it allows you to remember events, contacts and anything else that’s important in your life. If you want to use this feature more efficiently, it’s a good idea to learn how to make reminders show on lock screen so that you’ll know when an upcoming event occurs even if your phone’s screen is off or you’re working on something else entirely. Luckily, this process is quite simple and all you have to do is follow the instructions outlined below, depending on the iOS version that your device runs on.
If you’re using your Android phone, then there are several ways to make reminders show on lock screen, not one of them that’s perfect, but all have their own advantages and disadvantages, so it depends on what’s more important to you personally. In this article I’m going to go over the benefits and drawbacks of each solution, as well as show you how to implement them on your own device (assuming you have root access). By the end of this article, you should be able to choose which method works best for your needs and situation.
How to Make Reminders Show on Lock Screen?
This tip is only for iPhone users. If you want your reminders to show up on the lock screen of your iPhone, follow these steps:
1) Open Settings and go to Notifications
2) Scroll down until you find Reminders and tap it.
3) Toggle the switch next to Show on Lock Screen to On. You can also choose which notifications should appear on the lock screen by using the Notification Center settings from above.
iPhone & iPad: Reminders App
- Open the Reminders app.
- Tap Edit in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and tap +.
- Enter your task and tap Done.
- Now you can set a date, time and reminder alert (if desired).
- Tap Show as Alert to toggle it off or on again, depending on your preference.
- To add more tasks to your list, tap Add at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll see that there are two tabs: Completed and Not Completed. The completed tab will allow you to view what you have already completed from this list while still allowing room for more tasks! 8. To delete an item from this list, select one and press Delete on your keyboard or long-press with one finger until an X appears at the top left corner of the task card; then swipe up with one finger over the X.
iPhone & iPad: Calendar App
Open the Reminders App, and then tap the list you want to set up a reminder for. Tap the Reminders button in the top left corner of your device’s screen, and then tap Edit. Enter a title for your reminder and select a date or date range. You can also set a specific time if necessary. Tap Done, and then tap the checkmark icon in the upper right corner of your device’s screen to save it. To edit or delete a reminder that you’ve already created, open the Reminders app, tap on it, and then swipe left or right over it until you see an X icon in its upper right-hand corner. Tap it to delete or edit accordingly.
Android: Google Keep App
Download and install the Google Keep app from the Google Play Store. Open the app and tap Create note. Tap Remind me in the top right corner. Select a time and date for your reminder, as well as how often you want it to repeat. You will also be asked to set a location if you would like your reminder triggered by GPS coordinates or entered manually.
As of now, there is no way for Apple Watch notifications to appear on the lock screen. If you want a reminder to be there, it will need to happen through the notification center. To do this, swipe left from the home screen or tap Notification Center at the bottom of your watch face. Tap Reminders and then tap Add a New List Item by clicking +. Name the list item whatever you want and click Save in order to add the new list item. You can also use Siri with phrases like Add an errand or add a task.
One of the great things about Windows Phone is that you can set reminders on the phone’s lock screen. It’s easy, and it saves you from constantly opening the calendar app to add reminders. Here’s how:
- Tap and hold down on an empty space on your home screen until a menu appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Select add tile.
- Scroll down to find reminders and tap it once to select it, then tap the arrow at the bottom left of the list that pops up.
- Select show live tile when prompted, then customize your reminder by tapping more options. You can choose any color you want for your reminder and choose a ringtone for when it goes off! To change these settings again in the future, go back to your home screen, hold and release over an empty space (don’t tap anything), scroll down to find reminders again, then click on the reminder you want to edit.
If you want your reminder messages to appear as notifications on the lock screen, please follow the steps below:
-Open the Settings app. -Select Notifications. -Scroll down and select ‘Reminders’. -In this section, tap ‘Show’ and select ‘On Lock Screen’. -This will also be where you can enable or disable any other notification features for Apple Reminders such as ‘Badge App Icon’, ‘Play Sound’, and more.
-For Windows 10 users, open the Notification settings panel in System settings (the gear icon).
-Scroll down until you see Apple Reminder under Windows notify list.
-Click on it, then click Appears on lock screen.
Google Home (Google Assistant App for Android, iOS and Web)
Google Home is a voice-activated speaker that can answer your questions, play music and manage your daily tasks. It also functions as a hands-free device for Google Assistant. Make sure you have the app installed by visiting the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Tap the icon in order to open it up and then tap on the microphone at the top of the screen. When asked what you want to say, type set reminder followed by the time. For example, if I wanted to set a reminder for 10 minutes from now, I would type set reminder 10 minutes from now.
The app will then confirm with you whether or not this is what you wanted and ask for additional information such as the title of your task and who it was assigned to.
If you don’t want your reminders in the Notification Center and only want them to show on the lock screen, then you can set this up by opening your Settings app, tapping Notifications and scrolling down until you see Reminders. Here tap Show as Lock Screen Alerts and it will turn off the banners that would appear when you unlocked your phone.